cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lulaz
Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot create relationship between two columns.

Thank you ImkeF, 

Compleated that, converted everything to Uppercase in both tables and removed duplicated in Column 1 in Excel 2 'RULE_NAME', still no luck in getting them to connect.

Super User III
Super User III

Hm, that's a bit strange.

Then trim and clean the column (s in both tables) as well - before removing duplicates. You find these commands under the lowercase.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

Lulaz
Regular Visitor

Would it matter if a value in Column 1 is also in Column 2 of Excel 2? Not all the rules have a translation, so the rule is just repeated in the translation column. If I remove them might that help?

Lulaz
Regular Visitor

Trim and Clean worked! 

Thank you so much, this has been driving me demented for weeks! 

Now to just get it to pull the english value and I'm all set!

Thank you ImkeF!

Super User III
Super User III

That's good!

So what happened here is that your unique values-to-be haven't been unique, but contained either blanks (trim) or non-printable characters (clean).

So you've lost some rows in your lookup-table here and might have to check if this causes problems now. What remove duplicates does is to keep the first row it finds. 

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors