Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wskallmeyer
Advocate II
Advocate II

Cannot connect using Box and Power BI Desktop

I am trying to connect to an Excel file located on our corporate installation of Box.  It appears that the Excel file is just a URL.  I am using "From Web" with the URL as the data source.  And my windows credentials as the permissions.  But this is what I am seeing.

It doesn't look like I am getting signed in.  

Any ideas??

Snap11.jpgSnap10.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
bideveloper555
Helper IV
Helper IV

hi

have you solved this.

am having same issue.

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wskallmeyer 

It seems you need the JHUAPL box credentials to log in, what's the error when you click continue and input the credentials?

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Within the Navigator of the Web data source is the web page with the login but it is not really an active web page.  I believe it is just the HTML for viewing purposes only.  Nothing happens when I click the button.

I have entered my credentials but I know believe there is a second factor authentication that can't be entered via Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.