Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pundip

Cannot connect to Analysis database

I am trialing out BI desktop and report server. I have installed sql server, bi report server on Windows server 2016.  On the samemachine I have also installed Power BI Desktop (March 2018).  When I try to connect an Analyis Service I get the following error.

DIME protocol error: The '9' DIME version is not supported. Only version one is supported. 

I have attached the screen shot. Report server is running and I am able to access the web portal. No SSL has been installed.

ScCapture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
jrggggg

I am having the same exact issue. Anyone find a fix for this? @pundip 

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@pundip  haven't a clue, but if you try to connect by importing will it let you just out of curiosity rather than connecting live?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg I tried that and get the same error. I am signing in using windows authentication.  I am attaching the screenshotCapture.PNG

@pundip can you connect to the cube via excel?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.