Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Cannot access Premium Workspace

I have the following workspace:

Markzolotoy_0-1637749114923.png

But I cannot run anything from it or publish to it. Has it been expired or something?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Markzolotoy 

If you are the admin or member in the workapce, you can change the workapce setting to pro licence.

vjaneygmsft_0-1638322656705.png

If you don't have a ppu licence or you are not in premium capacity, you should not be able to create a workspace with diamonds. It should be someone who gave you the permission for this workspace. But if you don't have a qualified license, you can't access the content.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Markzolotoy 

The workspace you shared is in premium capacity. Please check whether you are in a premium capacity or whether you have a PPU licence.

vjaneygmsft_0-1638177006917.png

You can also add an app for Microsoft 365 usage analytics and customize it yourself. Only if you have a pro licence, you can get the template in service.

You can follow the below steps:

Enable Microsoft 365 usage analytics - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Yes, it is shown with a diamond. The rest of your advice is not clear to me. Can you please elaborate?

@Markzolotoy  What is your license? Can you enter this workspace?

I have a Pro license. And yes, I can enter that workspace.

@Markzolotoy  So what's your problem? Can't open any reports in the workspace?

Here is what I get when I open a report:

Markzolotoy_0-1638267875417.png

@Markzolotoy   

It should be that your ppu trial has expired, so you can't access the content in this workspace. Either upgrade the license or try to switch the workspace to shared capacity if you have permission. 

Best Regards,

The thing is I have never had a PPU trial because my company doesn't allow it.

How do I switch the workspace to shared capacity?

Hi, @Markzolotoy 

If you are the admin or member in the workapce, you can change the workapce setting to pro licence.

vjaneygmsft_0-1638322656705.png

If you don't have a ppu licence or you are not in premium capacity, you should not be able to create a workspace with diamonds. It should be someone who gave you the permission for this workspace. But if you don't have a qualified license, you can't access the content.

Best Regards,

That's how it looks:

Markzolotoy_0-1638353151311.png

@Markzolotoy 

Touching this diamond with the mouse can also show what mode it is.

vjaneygmsft_0-1638353478814.png

I noticed that the date is also displayed here, which is different from my ppu content. Is it in premium capacity?

vjaneygmsft_1-1638353611506.png

Is your problem solved? Can you switch to pro mode?

Best Regards,

Here is the mouse over:

Markzolotoy_0-1638354039361.png

I get this if I change to Pro:

Markzolotoy_1-1638354129262.png

Not sure I want to do it because I am not sure I will be able to switch it back to Premium.

Hi, @Markzolotoy 

It depends on your needs. Do you need to modify or view any content in workspce? If it is necessary, then I think you have to modify the mode, unless you have a local pbix file that can be published to a new workapace.

If the workspace has a lot of content and it is very complicated, you need to consider all the problems that will arise when you modify the mode. If there are only a few reports, then I think it’s not a big problem.

Best Regards,

I am a bit confused. If I cannot run anything while it says "PPU" why would it work if I change to Pro?

@Markzolotoy 

In short, The licence is different, the storage location of the capacit content is different, so it can‘t be accessed.

Best Regards,

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Markzolotoy , does power bi have access to this workspace ? can you see that in power bi service ?

Yes, I can see the content and I used to be able to publish to it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.