Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot access Azure DevOps Analytic View

Hi,

I have a report that connects to the Azure DevOps Analytics Views data and did not have a problem connecting previously. At the moment, it is not connecting to the data on both Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service and gives the following error:

Error: VS403496: The query results include data in one or more projects for which you do not have access. Add one or more projects filters to specify the project(s) you have access to in 'WorkItemRevisions' entity. If you are using $expand or navigation properties, project filter is required for those entities. More information can be found here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=786441.
Details:
DataSourceKind=Visual Studio Team Services

For analytics views that collect both historical and current data, it states that I don't have access to the "WorkItemRevisions" entity, and for analytics views that collect only current data, it states the lack of access to the "WorkItem" entity instead. I have checked my permission level in all the ADO projects I gather data from, and have at least access to analytics views.

I haven't changed any part of the report since it last successfully updated, which was last Friday.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Winniz,

Thanks for the reply, there were no problems with the data source credentials and the problem solved itself on both Power BI service and desktop the next day.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Winniz,

Thanks for the reply, there were no problems with the data source credentials and the problem solved itself on both Power BI service and desktop the next day.

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please clear your data source credentials and re-enter it.

If you're interested in data from a single project, please use the project-scoped OData endpointIt implicitly filters data to the one project, the referenced entity set, and all the expanded navigation properties.

And please follow the documentation below for troubleshooting and set permissions.

Set permissions to access Analytics and Analytics views 

Query guidelines for Analytics with OData 

Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.