Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jcampbell474
Helper IV
Helper IV

Cannot Sign in to Power BI

Coming from Qlikview, I've recently started developing in Power BI.  Everything is going well with the exception of not being able to sign in.  I can't go to the Marketplace, publish, etc...  

When it prompts me to sign in, it says "Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service work seamlessly when you're signed in."  I enter my work email address and it prompts me for the password.  I enter it and it says that "Your email or password is incorrect.  If you don't remember your password, reset it now.".  I try to reset it and it says "The user ID you entered does not exist.  Please check that you have typed your user ID correctly.".  

That is an impossible loop.  Can anyone help?

Note, other times I've tried, it has said that my work email address is connected to other services and to use the password associated with it.  I can sign into Microsoft.com fine with it, but it doesn't apply/connect to Power BI.

TIA!

Jason

5 REPLIES 5
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jcampbell474,

Did you already tried to make a sign up for free?

https://signup.microsoft.com/signup?sku=a403ebcc-fae0-4ca2-8c8c-7a907fd6c235&email&ru=https%3A%2F%2F...

I also had a work e-mail that was a microsoft account I add to sign up.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

@MFelix, thank you for the reply.

I did try that.  It tells me that my work address is already connected to other Microsoft services and to sign in using it.  When I sign in using it, Power BI doesn't recognize it.  

Alternatively, I tried to create an account using my personal email address, but it wouldn't accept it.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi @jcampbell474,

then you should see with your IT team. In my case the PBI is connected to the microsoft account and they have to make a check somewhere so the service is available for the users to login.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

@MFelix, I did check w/IT.  Power BI is very new to the company and they don't have anything like that in place yet.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi @jcampbell474,

Do you have office 365? You can try to go through there and see if in the apps Power BI is available.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.