cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
abusta11 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Cannot Convert value " of type to type Date

I have the dax formula below to create a new column which I have set to be Date format. It was previously working but all the suddent today I am getting "Cannot Convert value " of type to type Date" which only goes away if I set the column back to text format, which will not work for me. Any ideas on how to fix it?

MonthYear = Format (Pipeline[Award Date], "MMMM, yyyy")
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gordonlilj Member

Re: Cannot Convert value " of type to type Date

I'm not able to replicate the issue and if what you are saying is correct about the original data column then i don't see why it should not work.

What if you try and duplicate the original column and change the format under modeling instead of using a calculated column

Capture.PNG

This gives you pretty much the same format as you desired

5 REPLIES 5
Gordonlilj Member

Hi,

It seems it's having trouble converting to a date datatype.

Is it possible you could provide the data for the Pipeline[Award Date] column?

Frequent Visitor

image.png
I have gone through the column and found no bad data in this column, my above formula runs perfectly fine if I have the calculated column set as a text datatype. However I need to have it as a date type to sort 

Gordonlilj Member

Right, so the problem most likely lies then with the calculated column itself.

Probably should have asked this previously as well but could you provide the data for the calculated column when it's in text format

Frequent Visitor

image.png

Which is ulimately the format I want it to look like and sort the data by in my Matrix

Gordonlilj Member

I'm not able to replicate the issue and if what you are saying is correct about the original data column then i don't see why it should not work.

What if you try and duplicate the original column and change the format under modeling instead of using a calculated column

Capture.PNG

This gives you pretty much the same format as you desired