cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palo173 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Cancel sorting in table

Hi, how it possible cancel ordered column in table in Power BI? Once I sort the column, I can't cancel it anymore.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Cancel sorting in table

Hi @palo173

If you refer to sort for dataset, After you sort the column, then you can cancel the sort.

2.png

If you refer to sort in table visual, you need to click on "sort" again.

3.png 

I use the lastest version.

Version: 2.60.5169.3201 64-bit (July 2018)

Best Regards

Maggie

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
praiselyabraham Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi , 

In PBI, the table gets sorted based on the 1st column, but if you select any other column for sorting, the sorting remains applied, to remove this you would have to manually sort table based on the1st column of your visual, and if the arrow is what is disturbing you, then removing that column and adding again should solve your issue

Regards.

palo173 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thank you.

But when it is the only one solution for removing sorting it isn't user-friendly.

It should look like this: one clik sorting asc, second desc and third remove sorting.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @palo173

If you refer to sort for dataset, After you sort the column, then you can cancel the sort.

2.png

If you refer to sort in table visual, you need to click on "sort" again.

3.png 

I use the lastest version.

Version: 2.60.5169.3201 64-bit (July 2018)

Best Regards

Maggie

beachikeen11 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@v-juanli-msft  I'm having the same issue in a table visual. Example: If Sort Ascending is selected, nothing happens if I click Sort Ascending again. It seems the only option is to choose which column is sorted. I am using Version: 2.65.5313.701 64-bit (December 2018). Is this a known bug?

@palo173  Did you find a resolution to this other than removing the field and adding it again? I quite agree that is  not a user-friendly option.

Jmula Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hey,

Could you please elaborate how to remove the arrow under the sorted column. I am trying to take off that arrow for the sorted column for a year and still not able to get that.