Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

plaplant
Helper I
Helper I

Can you use one measure to Conditionally format multiple columns in table or matrix?

I have taken over a dashboard that has a matrix with around 18 Columns/values.   Most of these have their own conditional formatting however the method is similar for all of them.  For example >= 0 but less than 50 is red, >=50 and <70 is yellow and then above that point is green.   They are thinking of testing out different colors for those ranges and rather than having to change each one of them I was wondering if there could be a generic measure that has the ranges and the color values which is then used in the conditional formatting.  I know I could set up a measure and choose the specific field I want to use but I was curious if there was a 'generic' way to set this up so that I could use the same measure for all the different values.   Is that possible or do you have to create a separate measure for each value/field?   

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@plaplant 

As far as I know, your requirement with conditional format cannot be achieved.

However if you are looking to conditional format entire row there many posts you may refer to:

Conditional Formatting by Row in a Matrix | CloudFronts

Solved: Conditional formatting on Rows - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards
Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can solve some of this with calculation groups and parameters.  But from the sounds of it you will still need to wire some of it manually.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.