cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B_Real Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Can you transform the Tornado Chart from bar to column (i.e. rotate it on its axis)

The 'Tornado Chart' custom visual presents data in a bar chart style (i.e. the chart is vertical, with bars going left to right in a 'population pyramid' style). 

I want to flip this chart on its axis so that the chart is horizontal, and bars turn into columns going up & down, with the axis remaining in the middle (i.e. so that one value goes up above the axis, and the other value goes below the axis). 

Is this possible, or is there a way to do it using Power BI's native visuals?

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Can you transform the Tornado Chart from bar to column (i.e. rotate it on its axis)

Hi @B_Real,

As I tested, I am not able to flip the chart for your requirement. For more details about the Tornado Chart, please contact pbicvsupport@microsoft.com  which support the development of it. After research, I also be unable to get what you want using Power BI's native visuals. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 93 members 1,942 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: