Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

crawfe
Helper I
Helper I

Can you sync and float the maximum of Y and Y2 axes (Bar-Line chart)?

Hi. I would like to sync my Y and Y2 axes in Float (max = Auto) mode. Is there a feature or a work-around for this?  Often you need to visualize the impact of the primary Y axis on the secondary (Y2) axis, on the same scale. You can arbitrarily set both axes' maximum. But when a slicer drastically reduces the size of the data, the resulting chart shrinks too much to be usable. (This seems like the feature should be a checkbox!) Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
crawfe
Helper I
Helper I

...I found a solution that worked (It seemed that it took a couple of times on/off with the secopndary axis button to unscramble a frozen setting).  Turn secondary axis on; set align zeros to on, turn off secondary axis. Set both min/max to auto.  My line scale now does follow my columns scale. . I post it here for reference....

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
crawfe
Helper I
Helper I

...I found a solution that worked (It seemed that it took a couple of times on/off with the secopndary axis button to unscramble a frozen setting).  Turn secondary axis on; set align zeros to on, turn off secondary axis. Set both min/max to auto.  My line scale now does follow my columns scale. . I post it here for reference....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.