cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crawfe
Helper I
Helper I

Can you sync and float the maximum of Y and Y2 axes (Bar-Line chart)?

Hi. I would like to sync my Y and Y2 axes in Float (max = Auto) mode. Is there a feature or a work-around for this?  Often you need to visualize the impact of the primary Y axis on the secondary (Y2) axis, on the same scale. You can arbitrarily set both axes' maximum. But when a slicer drastically reduces the size of the data, the resulting chart shrinks too much to be usable. (This seems like the feature should be a checkbox!) Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
crawfe
Helper I
Helper I

...I found a solution that worked (It seemed that it took a couple of times on/off with the secopndary axis button to unscramble a frozen setting).  Turn secondary axis on; set align zeros to on, turn off secondary axis. Set both min/max to auto.  My line scale now does follow my columns scale. . I post it here for reference....

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
crawfe
Helper I
Helper I

...I found a solution that worked (It seemed that it took a couple of times on/off with the secopndary axis button to unscramble a frozen setting).  Turn secondary axis on; set align zeros to on, turn off secondary axis. Set both min/max to auto.  My line scale now does follow my columns scale. . I post it here for reference....

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.