Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you put two different currencies in the same diagram?

Basically I want to do something quite simple, I want to compare the purchase price of a list of items with its selling price.

purchase_selling01.png

However, the currency of the purchase & selling price can differ. In this example both currencies are the same (Euro), but this doesn't have to be the case. Purchase could be in dollars for example and Selling in euros.

purchase_selling02.png

So to avoid any financial mistakes that can be made when comparing them I've put them into separate diagrams and their currency in the legend.

purchase_selling03.png

I'm wondering though if there's some way I could still put them both in the same diagram along with displaying their currency somehow? Two Y-axes might do the trick, but as far as I can find Power Bi doesn't support the type of visualization that I'm looking for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies!

I discussed it with my team, but we're going to recalculate the currencies in the back-end so they'll share the same price. Will make life a lot easier.

Thanks again for the input.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could pivot these values and have a different column for each different currency in PowerQuery. 

Then you could just assign a currency to a specific 'currency column' and use this in your visuals! 🙂

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous

Combo charts can have 2 y-axis and one is a column and one is a line.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-combo-chart

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies!

I discussed it with my team, but we're going to recalculate the currencies in the back-end so they'll share the same price. Will make life a lot easier.

Thanks again for the input.

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

is there an option to recalculate price to single currency? with 2 different currencies in one chart it may be confusing - e.g. 200$ will be higher column than 190€, while the actual monetary value is lower

can there be scenario when a selling price for a given selection has more than one currency?
if not you can use SELECTEDVALUE and a card visual to display the price, e.g.

Currency sold = SELECTEDVALUE(Table[selling_currency],"More than one currency was selected")

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.