Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BuckyKat37
Advocate II
Advocate II

Can you pull Salesforce field labels?

When pulling data from Salesforce, is there a way to use field labels instead of the field names when using the Salesforce connector? For instance, rather than having a column named "c4g_Lead_Rating__c" I want it to use the Salesforce label "Lead Rating". It's easy to figure out the labels for default columns but the custom field labels in large tables can be tricky if a consistent naming schema wasn't used.

I did run across a Microsoft support article titled "Link to or import data from Salesforce" that talks about how to link Access to Salesforce. However, the connector dialog you get in Access allows for connection string parameters where you can add a USELABEL option so the columns use the field label instead of the field name.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BuckyKat37 ,

I'm afraid this is not possible, here are some references on Salesforce you can refer to:

Salesforce Analytics for Sales Managers 

Connect Salesforce to Power BI: 2 Easy Methods 

Also here are some threads that may be helpful:

Salesforce Field not displaying in Power BI Desktop 

Can't see a Product field in Salesforce Opportunity Product Object 

Missing Field from Salesforce 

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BuckyKat37 ,

I'm afraid this is not possible, here are some references on Salesforce you can refer to:

Salesforce Analytics for Sales Managers 

Connect Salesforce to Power BI: 2 Easy Methods 

Also here are some threads that may be helpful:

Salesforce Field not displaying in Power BI Desktop 

Can't see a Product field in Salesforce Opportunity Product Object 

Missing Field from Salesforce 

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.