Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you hide a drill-down row in a matrix

Hello,

I am trying to hide rows in a matrix and need help doing so. The purpose for that is the end-user wants to export the data into a spreadsheet and filter by the rows (in red rectangle below) but when accessing the matrix in power BI, they want to minimize number of clicks when drilling down by hiding the numbers.

Capture.PNG

It's improtant to note that I want to keep these 'rows' in my matrix, but hide the following (in red):

Capture.PNG

How can one hide rows within the matrix VISUALIZATION, but when exporting data to CSV, keep the 'Tax account no' and 'Client account no'?

8 REPLIES 8
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is this problem solved?

If it is solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards
Icey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello icey,

This problem has been resolved. It seems that the capability to hide certain rows is not supported by Microsoft just yet.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Glad to hear that. Please accept your solution above so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Icey

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my knowledge, it is not supported in Power BI now. You can create a new idea here.

One workaround, you can use Hierarchical Variance Table - xViz instead. And put the columns you want to hide in Tooltip.

hierarchy.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried the Hierarchy Variance Table by importing to my power BI file, but I still see the rows.

In red below, you will see in the ToolTip I added Client Account No. THat is the row I would like to hide.

Capture.PNG

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

"Client Account No." doesn't need to be put in "Category" field. Just put it in "Tooltip" and when you export data of this visual, the data of "Client Account No." is also there.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

YJ
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi, i am just thinking loud for this, but why not you have a seperate page report, one for download and another for your visuals. Both can be link to the same slicer.

Not the neatest but probably a quick and practical sol.

regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see where you're going with this alternative solution, but it should be within the same matrix.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.