cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shalin Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Can you filter a slicer?

I have a data set which was confirmed delivery dates against Purchase orders. If the date isn't confirmed on our ERP system, the date is blank, which shows up on BI at 1/1/1900. I would like a date slicer which can filter out that date. See this screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/z28vx7gcixw43i3/BI%20screenshot.pdf?dl=0 (apologies for my shoddy redacting!). The bottom left is the slicer which you can see shows a timeline from 1900 to today. At the top is a card showing the earliest delivery date. Because it is a card I was able to filter out 1/1/1900 so that the card is actually useful. 

When I try and drag anything into the visual filter for the slicer however, nothing happens. I assume that's by design. So basically how can I get around this so that I can filter a slicer, to only slice between the options I want? 

The point of the report is for users to be able to know when a certain PO is due to arrive. So I would rather keep the 1/1/1900 data in the table, as it doesn't tell them when it is coming, but it does tell them that something is coming. Which is why I want to find a way which doesn't put a filter on the entire report? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft v-cherch-msft
Microsoft

Re: Can you filter a slicer?

Hi @Shalin

The similar idea is under review.You may check the other ways in this post.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Stachu Super Contributor
Super Contributor

you can add a page/report level filter on that dimension, that should prevent the values appearing in the slicer

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Shalin Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Stachu,

That filters out all of the data on the whole page/report though. Ideally I would like the table to show all the data, but that particular slicer only shows the filtered date ranges

Microsoft v-cherch-msft
Microsoft

Hi @Shalin

The similar idea is under review.You may check the other ways in this post.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

Read the announcement for more information!

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

We're rolling out new Kudos Given badges. Find out how many Kudos you've given.

November 2019 Community Highlights

November 2019 Community Highlights

Get an overview of the events and great community content from November.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)