Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amyjefferson
Frequent Visitor

Can you create a report default view but still view the rest of the data via a filter?

I have a report filtered to show all data with deadlines in the next 12 months. However I would like this as the "default view" to then also allow users to filter on previous data or data which is more than 12 months away. Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amyjefferson

If you publish the report to PBI Service and share with others. Other users can clear the "deadlines in the next 12 months" filter as following screenshot. Then they can select the fiscal year in the slicer.

In report reading mode, users' operation will not impact the original report. If user want to revert to the default view, he/she just needs to refresh the page.

Can you create a report default view but still view the rest of the data via a filter_1.jpg

Can you create a report default view but still view the rest of the data via a filter_1_2.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If it doesn't need to be a filter and can be a slicer instead, then I think this is workable via a calculated column (probably cleanest on a date table if you have one) - have it compare today to your data, return "past" if today's later than your data, then compare today +1 year to your data and return "next 12 months" or "beyond next 12 months". Sticking the column into a filter and having the next 12 months as your option ought to then work for your "default" option

Thanks that would defintely work and could be a good option however what I wanted to achieve (and not sure I explained clearly enough in original post) was a little more complex. Although I wanted a default view to show all the data with deadlines in the next 12 months, I then wanted to have a fiscal year slicer to allow users to filter by fiscal year if needed. However when the table is filtered (using a page level filter) to show only the items with deadlines in the next 12 months the slicer does not show any fiscal years which are outside of this range and when the table is filtered (using a visual level filter) when a fiscal year is chosen from the slicer which is outside the next 12 months range the table displays no data. Basically, when any option is chosen in the fiscal year slicer the default view of next 12 months is removed.

@amyjefferson

If you publish the report to PBI Service and share with others. Other users can clear the "deadlines in the next 12 months" filter as following screenshot. Then they can select the fiscal year in the slicer.

In report reading mode, users' operation will not impact the original report. If user want to revert to the default view, he/she just needs to refresh the page.

Can you create a report default view but still view the rest of the data via a filter_1.jpg

Can you create a report default view but still view the rest of the data via a filter_1_2.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.