Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kurtricketts
Frequent Visitor

Can you change the drive/folder where cache is stored?

Is it possible to change the folder location where cache is stored? We have limited space on the main drive C: and when refreshing some of our reports which can be greater than 500mb, the cache exceeds the available space on the drive and errors. We have a few extra drives for file storage which would be ideal to store the cache and I was able to install Power BI Desktop to the 😧 drive, but when I launch a report the cache is still being stored on the C: drive. Any advice for my situation? Ideally we'd have PBI Desktop installed on 😧 and all refresh/cache storage on 😧 as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@kurtricketts,

Haven't found any options which can change the cache directory. However, you can click File-> Options-> Auto Recovery and click on "Disable auto recovery for this file".

2.PNG  

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having this same issue. Did you find a means to change the drive where the cache files are stored? If not is there a method to delete them as soon as the pbix file is refreshed?

Thanks, Mark

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@kurtricketts,

Haven't found any options which can change the cache directory. However, you can click File-> Options-> Auto Recovery and click on "Disable auto recovery for this file".

2.PNG  

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.