Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chalupabatman
Regular Visitor

Can you Publish A Dashboard To Web

With Power BI Reports there is an option for File and publish to web, is there the same action for a dashboard?

For example, In Excel I click the Power BI Ribbon and highlight what I want, then in the ribbon I choose Pin Add Tile and it creates a dashboard.  I want to be able to publish on the web this dashboard that is created.  

What steps must I take to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@chalupabatman If your intent is to expose the content of the Excel file in something like "Publish to Web" - You could import the Excel workbook into the Power BI Desktop, publish the desktop, and take the report and "Publish to Web".

If you are just uploading your Excel workbook in Power BI the functionality to publish that excel file in the Publish to Web isn't supported. It uses Excel Online to open the file...

Two methods explained

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DrissA
Regular Visitor

Hi 

I 'm  working from Kantar TNS (Morocco) and i 'm currently testing Power BI as i'm interesting to Dashboard/Analysis...

So after creating a Dash, i want to Publish it in the web , i don't see the icone (Publish on the web !) is it because i have only free Licence Power BI Pro or what exactly

Could some one advice 

Thanks

Driss

Sorry, you can only publish a Power BI report for now.

@chalupabatman The current functionality exposes reports externally (Publish to Web, Power BI Embedded) only. Dashboards are purely a Power BI Service feature at the moment. (And viewable in Mobile app)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer --> Is there anyway I can Pin from Excel and create a report based off the Pin?  

@chalupabatman If your intent is to expose the content of the Excel file in something like "Publish to Web" - You could import the Excel workbook into the Power BI Desktop, publish the desktop, and take the report and "Publish to Web".

If you are just uploading your Excel workbook in Power BI the functionality to publish that excel file in the Publish to Web isn't supported. It uses Excel Online to open the file...

Two methods explained

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.