cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeepDive Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Can we use RankX with drilleddown option ?

I have Customer, Country, Product, and Sales Value.. I want to use Rankx on customer but when i drilled it down further on country level... it will show rank of customer within in country(single) and same for Product like rank of Customers in one country for single producte... I want to use matrix here (and also can we use group by to get top 5 customers and rest in others ).. Experts pls help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Can we use RankX with drilleddown option ?

It took me a bit, but I was able to find this blog post that explained exactly how to do it.  I've updated their expression to use ISINSCOPE, which works better for matrices.

Rank = 
IF( ISINSCOPE(Sales_Data[Product]), RANKX(ALL(Sales_Data[Product]), CALCULATE(SUM(Sales_Data[Sales]))),
    IF( ISINSCOPE(Sales_Data[Country]), RANKX(ALL(Sales_Data[Country]), CALCULATE(SUM(Sales_Data[Sales]))), 
        IF(ISINSCOPE(Sales_Data[Customer]), RANKX(ALL(Sales_Data[Customer]), CALCULATE(SUM(Sales_Data[Sales]))))
    )
)

This will return the rank for whatever scope you're currently in.  Using this, I was able to create this visual, where the rank responds to the current level of drilldown, and will still rank against values that are filtered out of the visual:

snipa.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Can you share the DAX expression you're using RANKX in?  You likely just need to add in an ALL statement to your syntax, but without knowing what it looks like, I can't help much.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi 

We can barely replicate your issue, plz kindly share more details, thanks.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DeepDive Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Dear all,

am using below DAX, did some R&D also but unable to get the desired reult. 

Rank_Customer =

IF(HASONEVALUE(Sales_Data[Customer]),
CALCULATE(RANKX(ALL(Sales_Data[Customer]), [Total_Value],,DESC,Dense), ALLSELECTED(Sales_Data[Country]), ALLSELECTED(Sales_Data[Product])),
BLANK()
)

DeepDive Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post-Untitled.png

Super User
Super User

It took me a bit, but I was able to find this blog post that explained exactly how to do it.  I've updated their expression to use ISINSCOPE, which works better for matrices.

Rank = 
IF( ISINSCOPE(Sales_Data[Product]), RANKX(ALL(Sales_Data[Product]), CALCULATE(SUM(Sales_Data[Sales]))),
    IF( ISINSCOPE(Sales_Data[Country]), RANKX(ALL(Sales_Data[Country]), CALCULATE(SUM(Sales_Data[Sales]))), 
        IF(ISINSCOPE(Sales_Data[Customer]), RANKX(ALL(Sales_Data[Customer]), CALCULATE(SUM(Sales_Data[Sales]))))
    )
)

This will return the rank for whatever scope you're currently in.  Using this, I was able to create this visual, where the rank responds to the current level of drilldown, and will still rank against values that are filtered out of the visual:

snipa.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 75 members 1,159 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: