Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we set a global default number format in reports? and theme formatting?

Hi Everyone,

In every report I produce I have to manually change the number format to whole numbers with commas, ie 213453.84 should always be 213,454

Every measure I create goes by default to "general" so every time i make a new measure i have to change the format, its getting very tiresome and repetitive. Is there not a a way to change the default number format?

Another point is that I see no way in the theme editor to ensure there is a default font for Titles - for some reason when i create a custom theme this defaults to Arial Black, but there is no option to change this in the "edit current theme" menu. Again, does anyone have a solution?

many thanks

GC4002

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

See if it will help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-custom-format-strings 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This doesn't address the issue. This method means setting a custom format for every field in your report, which would involve more clicks / time than the current approach of changing the format after creating a new measure.

PowerBI needs a functionality whereby a number format "theme" can be applied automatically to every new measure and column. Even better if you could set rules - ie any measure using DIVIDE would result in a % format etc.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.