Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we copy Hierarchy between 2 PBIX reports

Hi I have build some Hierarchies in a PBIX - now they are limited to that PBIX only.  Is there a way to re-use them in a different PBIX -

Is there a way to copy them between PBIX es 

Kind regards

Krishna

4 REPLIES 4
nathansalat
Regular Visitor

Possible to save time via using Power BI Desktop > External Tools > Tabular Editor > Tables > Hierarchy of interest > Right click > Create To > Review code > Figure out a way to copy/paste code into the "other" Dashboard within Tabular Editor.  

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , we can copy visuals and power query code. Just try copy and paste, but doubt it will work

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak Yes, I can ofcourse copy visuals but the Hierarchies doesn't come with them - as they are in the schema - I tried adding the same tables (still Hierarchies are not transferred with the visuals)

I will have to re-create everythime I need them I guess for now .. 

Probably worth an idea feature for MSFT team to develop.

Hi, @Anonymous 

Unfortunately, power BI is now unable to achieve what you need . You can submit an idea for it at https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors