Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can values be filetered per column based on the day of the week.?

I have a dataset that shows outstanding work by regional offices (RAO). The types of worksare defined by the column header (key, verify, etc..).

My data shows all the outstanding work that needs to be completed.

A requirement is that the user can filter by day of the week and the matrix will only show that days work.

the tricky part is that each type of work (key, verifiy etc...) has different offices defined per column. For instance mondays only offices 15, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 are to be shown for 'key' column and offices for 'VERIFY' are 2, 6, 17, 18, 21, 23.

the following is the matrix.
I have highlighted the key and verifiy column with the respective offices for monday.

daysofweek.png

is this possible? all the values eventually need to be a drill down as well.

thx,

Luis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

I'd like to suggest you create a mapping table to mapping correspond workday of 'key' and 'verify' fields values.

WorkDay Attribute Value
1 key 7
1 key 16
1 key ...
1 Verify 2
1 Verify 109
1 Verify ...

Then you can add a visual level filter on matrix visual to filter records who selected in mapping table to use workday numbers to filter correspond values.

If you confused about coding formula, can you please share some sample data to test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

I'd like to suggest you create a mapping table to mapping correspond workday of 'key' and 'verify' fields values.

WorkDay Attribute Value
1 key 7
1 key 16
1 key ...
1 Verify 2
1 Verify 109
1 Verify ...

Then you can add a visual level filter on matrix visual to filter records who selected in mapping table to use workday numbers to filter correspond values.

If you confused about coding formula, can you please share some sample data to test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Luis,

Do you wish to display the undone work based on a specific day. For example, you have a slicer, the user chooses a date, it's a monday.

Then you want to see in the graph the undone work for the offices that work on Monday ?

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!