Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dtartaglia
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can the line be removed from "Line and stacked column chart" if multiple values are found?

Hi,

The line in the below chart is the Studio Skill Goal for a specific user Role per Studio per Tool in our firm (the line location matches the below/right Studio Skill Goal).

chart01.PNG

If all the Roles are selected (I unselect Designer), the line changes as you may expect (see below). Question: Is there a way to remove the line if this situation happens? If all Roles are selected, I do not want to show a line at all. For this particular chart it is ok but I want to add a new chart which will be similar except allow multiple tools to be selected.

chart02.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Add a column which counts the selection for selected Tools. Based on this column value you need to change your goal formula. Use SWITCH function and in case count is 1, calculate value as per your need and in case count is more than 1, retun 0. This way your line will be created on 0 line.

This is a workarround only 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Add a column which counts the selection for selected Tools. Based on this column value you need to change your goal formula. Use SWITCH function and in case count is 1, calculate value as per your need and in case count is more than 1, retun 0. This way your line will be created on 0 line.

This is a workarround only 🙂

Thanks!

The Measure I needed/worked for my situation is:

LineValueSet = if (DISTINCTCOUNT(SurveyDataTransposed[Tool])>1, 0, VALUES(CombinedStudioSkillTables[Studio Skill Goal Index]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.