Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't view published reports

Hello Power BI community,

I've been stuck on this issue quite a while now and could really use some assitance. I've connected my azure SQL database to Power BI and I can view graphs I made in the desktop, meaning the connection works well. 

However, Whenever I tried to view my published dashboard, my graph doesn't load and I get the following error message: 

Dutch: De referenties van de gegevensbron ontbreken  -> In de gegevensbron powerbitest ontbreken referenties. Vraag de eigenaar van de gegevensset <username> om de referenties by te werken.

English (translation): The references of the datasourcec are missing -> References are missing in the datasource powerbitest. Ask the owner of the dataset <username> to update the references.

I've tried setting up a gateway with on-premises data gateway, without any result. 

I would really appreciate assistane. 

Sincerely,

Power Bi user

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I hope you are using a on premise  gateway .

If you want some tips on how to install please refer this video.   

https://youtu.be/fejSQmshwrE

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Sujit_Thakur 

thank you for you reply.

danielvanlaar_1-1615885671183.png

It says: your datasoruce can't be kept up to date, since the references are incorrect. Update you references and try again. Then I get options for update references, or view in the view for datasources. 

I hope you are using a on premise  gateway .

If you want some tips on how to install please refer this video.   

https://youtu.be/fejSQmshwrE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I was using this. The problem was that azure firewall blocked out power bi from retrieving the data. Thanks for you help

Sujit_Thakur
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Dear @Anonymous ,

Sujit_Thakur_0-1615884711927.png

Check data source credential option and send me a screen shot (please do hide your SQL instance  name from pic as i have done above) 

@Anonymous  You will reach to this page once you hover over dataset name in your workspace in power bi web , then three options will come  , from which select middle option of schedule refresh 
as shown below

Sujit_Thakur_1-1615885458231.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.