Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pattersonm8
Helper II
Helper II

Can't uncheck Include in Report Refresh when data source is not available

A website I normally pull data from has temporarily removed the table I was refreshing data from, but is working on fixing.  Before I used to just uncheck "Include in report refesh" from Transform Data.  However, it will not Apply this because it keeps circling back and saying it can't connect to that source.  I know, that's why I'm trying to turn off!  I don't want to delete and I want to keep the most recent data it had, just don't want to refresh until they fix.

Why can't I turn it off when the data source is not available??  Help, please!?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@pattersonm8 , Not pretty sure, But see if disable background refresh can help

refer thsi blog - https://www.thebiccountant.com/speedperformance-aspects/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@pattersonm8 , Not pretty sure, But see if disable background refresh can help

refer thsi blog - https://www.thebiccountant.com/speedperformance-aspects/

actually @amitchandak this appears to have done it if I just keep ignoring the trying to Apply, I can now hit Refresh and the rest of the data sets refresh so I can post.  I just have to say Apply Later and ignore it trying to do anything to that data table.  Thank you!

thank you @amitchandak I had hoped that was going to resolve it, but even after disabling background refresh, when try to Apply Query Changes it says table not found, which I know which is why trying to turn off "Include in report refresh" temporarily 😞

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@pattersonm8 

If the dataset is not huge you put the data in an excel file and keep them there untill they fix the source

Go to Data View --> Copy Table

Also you can try and untick 'Enable Load' (above the 'Include in Refresh option') but this will remove any connections to dataset.

thank you @themistoklis , you're right, that would be a work around, just unfortunate that I'd lose all my Applied Steps were doing from the previous sources - replacing values, etc. but may have to, just don't understand why can't turn off refresh temporarily when a source isn't available and it says can't because not available - which I know which is why I want to turn off, it just leaves you in a horrible circular issue!   Thank you for the work around though

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.