Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pattersonm8
Helper II
Helper II

Can't uncheck Include in Report Refresh when data source is not available

A website I normally pull data from has temporarily removed the table I was refreshing data from, but is working on fixing.  Before I used to just uncheck "Include in report refesh" from Transform Data.  However, it will not Apply this because it keeps circling back and saying it can't connect to that source.  I know, that's why I'm trying to turn off!  I don't want to delete and I want to keep the most recent data it had, just don't want to refresh until they fix.

Why can't I turn it off when the data source is not available??  Help, please!?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@pattersonm8 , Not pretty sure, But see if disable background refresh can help

refer thsi blog - https://www.thebiccountant.com/speedperformance-aspects/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@pattersonm8 , Not pretty sure, But see if disable background refresh can help

refer thsi blog - https://www.thebiccountant.com/speedperformance-aspects/

actually @amitchandak this appears to have done it if I just keep ignoring the trying to Apply, I can now hit Refresh and the rest of the data sets refresh so I can post.  I just have to say Apply Later and ignore it trying to do anything to that data table.  Thank you!

thank you @amitchandak I had hoped that was going to resolve it, but even after disabling background refresh, when try to Apply Query Changes it says table not found, which I know which is why trying to turn off "Include in report refresh" temporarily 😞

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@pattersonm8 

If the dataset is not huge you put the data in an excel file and keep them there untill they fix the source

Go to Data View --> Copy Table

Also you can try and untick 'Enable Load' (above the 'Include in Refresh option') but this will remove any connections to dataset.

thank you @themistoklis , you're right, that would be a work around, just unfortunate that I'd lose all my Applied Steps were doing from the previous sources - replacing values, etc. but may have to, just don't understand why can't turn off refresh temporarily when a source isn't available and it says can't because not available - which I know which is why I want to turn off, it just leaves you in a horrible circular issue!   Thank you for the work around though

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.