Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sorakell
Frequent Visitor

Can't substract a non working days on calculation

Hi everybody!

Today I noticed an error in a formula I thought was working correctly.

I need to count jobs done in the previous day (if today is 17/12 then i need 16/12) but I don't want to count the non working days and since my company operates on saturdays I need 15/12. I did an auxiliary calendar table with excel with the holidays of my region and sundays and did another column with "yes" or "no" to mark the days as "working day".

The formula I use is: 

Cantidad de vehiculos AYER = CALCULATE([Cantidad de vehiculos];DATEADD(Calendario[Date]=TODAY();-1;DAY)

when i try to add the filter to a CALCULATION I get an error (of DAX sintaxis):

Cantidad de vehiculos AYER = CALCULATE([Cantidad de vehiculos];DATEADD(Calendario[Date]=TODAY();-1;DAY);'Calendario FT'[es laborable?]="si"))

The data i use is correct because if in my first formula I substract 2 instead of 1 I get what I want but I'm not able to find a solution. I'm struggling with it trying different formulas and I can't find a solution.

Can sombebody give a hand?

Thanks in advance!
10 REPLIES 10
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Sorakell,

The first parameter in DATEADD function should be a column that contains dates.

Cantidad de vehiculos AYER = CALCULATE([Cantidad de vehiculos];DATEADD(Calendario[Date];-1;DAY))
Cantidad de vehiculos AYER = CALCULATE([Cantidad de vehiculos];DATEADD(Calendario[Date];-1;DAY);'Calendario FT'[es laborable?]="si")

If the above DAX don't help, please share sample data of your table and post expected result here.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry, but i don't know how to share data.

If you don't mind to explain I could send the excel and .pbix file so anybody who would like to test it could try.

If not I will post some pics...

thanks for your interest.

@Sorakell

You can share the URL to the file if it's on  platforms like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. or you can upload the file to a site like this (no sign-in required) and post the URL here.  

Sorakell
Frequent Visitor

@Sorakell,

Only a PBIX file is contained in the above link.

Could you please explain what is your expected result based on the sample data? In your PBIX file, please use DATEADD function as below.
Capture.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lydia, but the formula you give me counts all the dates to yesterday thats why I use TODAY -1 because I need the value only of the previous day.

I have another post 

Problem creating a dates column

in there I tried also to post the .pbix and the excel tables but the link doesn't work. In the last reply i try to recreate the process step by step and explaining the best i can what i'm expecting to get. If you don't mind to take a look there maybe it will be more easy.

Sorry,but i'm new in Power Bi and i'm new in this forums and i'm not even able to post a link to the post.

Thanks for your help and interest.

@Sorakell,

I am not very clear about  what you mean by "I need the value only of the previous day". If you only want to get data of Today()-1, you can simply create the following measure.

CALCULATE([Cantidad de vehiculos]; filter('Calendar';'Calendar'[Date]=TODAY()-1))

Regards,
Lydia

Hi Lydia!

I meant that i only wanted the value of one date (only one day). In this case I need the previous working day, so I need to filter in another column to know if previous day was a working date or not.

the formula i use currently is that:

Cantidad de vehiculos AYER = CALCULATE([Cantidad de vehiculos];DATEADD(Calendario[Date]=TODAY();-1;DAY);'Calendario FT'[es laborable?]="si")

The formula works partially, because it counts the production of the day before (correct) but it doesn't filter what was the previous day (incorrect).

Once I get home I will try the formula you are giving me, but I will still need the filter for the non working days.

CALCULATE([Cantidad de vehiculos]; filter('Calendar';'Calendar'[Date]=TODAY()-1))

Thanks a lot!

@Sorakell,

As my previous reply, the first parameter in DATEADD function should be a column that contains dates. It is not allowed to add Calendario[Date]=TODAY() as first parameter in the following DAX.

Cantidad de vehiculos AYER = CALCULATE([Cantidad de vehiculos];DATEADD(Calendario[Date]=TODAY();-1;DAY);'Calendario FT'[es laborable?]="si")

Please change the above DAX to the following and check if you get expected result.

Cantidad de vehiculos AYER = if(MAX(Calendario[Date])=TODAY();CALCULATE([Cantidad de vehiculos];DATEADD(Calendario[Date];-1;DAY);'Calendario FT'[es laborable?]="si"))

If you still have issues, please post expected result based on sample data following the guide in this blog below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Regards,
Lydia

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sorakell

what error do you get exactly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.