cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't see or edit model object properties

In one of my PBIX files I'm not able to edit or see anything in "Properties" panel. All other files work fine, but for this one properties disappeared suddently. Object is selected and I'm in PBIX file that contains the data and properties pane only shows "Select one or more model objects to set their properties"

Tlusis_0-1596461847305.png

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

This is also happeing for me when i go to the model view and click on a table or field but the properties panel remain blank.
e.g. below selected table property does not display so I can not switch over from direct query to import mode etc.  
@Tlusis has your issue been fixed or did you raise a power bi pro support ticket?

akthar_bimyth_0-1598391571538.png

Highlighted

The same happening to one of my files yesterday. The model is not using DirectQuery.

The behaviour you described was only displayed in the mentioned file. Model object properties worked as intended in all other files, so it seemed like a file specific issue.

The fix I've found is to open the file and to instantly click on a field in the modeling view, without waiting for the whole project to load. The properties table should now be working as intended.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors