Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kevin_33

Can't see any Power BI visualisations after uploaded a pivot table from Excel

Hi guys,

Just a quick question,

After uploaded an excel folder in the power BI desktop, I can't see the data in any power BI visualisations.

The excel folder I uploaded is only organized as a massive pivot table and when I want to select the data I want to looking for, there is only the name of the Excel Column but nothing more. That is to say that all the data contained in the excel pivot table columns don't appear on Power BI desktop.

Does that mean that I only have to upload an excel folder with raw data instead of a pivot table?

Thank you for your help and have a good day,

Cheers,

Kévin

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@kevin_33,

So you want to get the data in your Pivot table, right?

If that is the case, you can connect to that excel file directly. Folder data source transform data from folder data source, pelase refer to the link below to see the details.
https://businessintelligist.com/2015/08/12/power-bi-tutorial-transform-data-from-folder-data-source/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I want to get all the data contained in the excel pivot table and send it through Power BI to start building some vizualisations.

I am going to have a look on the link you sent me thank you.

One question though, I am working on an excel folder which is updated daily in my company. The fact of using Power Query to transform the data won't have any negative effect on the core data? (I copied the pivot table in my own desktop just in case).

Thank you again,

Kévin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.