Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't see a Product field in Salesforce Opportunity Product Object

Hi,

When I import data from Opportunity Product object in  Salesforce, I don't see the Product field? I got all the permissions cheked by Salesforce system Admin and it seems like it is not a Salesforce permission issue. Also, I include relationship columns while importing a Salesforce Object. And, I am using the latest version of PowerBIPBISearch.PNG

SFDCSearch.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
user4859361248

This had me stumped for hours - but the solution is actually quite simple, and is PowerBI already seems to know the sub-relationships of the field now - it's just a case of selecting it in the PowerQuery editor, where you'd normally select the data tpe. it's just got two arrows asking instead, probably symbolising that it needs to be directed the column that the user wants. The post that helped was this one:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Import-data-from-Salesforce-parses-Amount-field-as-a-quot-R...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I faced a similar issue where some date/time fields i created in Salesfroce were not showing in PowerBI, it appears oath may be causing the problem, I resolved this by revoking Power BI access from within Salesforce itself, and re-authenticating it through oauth from within Power BI

It would appear the oauth authentication was not allowing the new fields to show in power bi

mjjuk
Helper I
Helper I

It is likely that you need to select the "set filed level security" in the fields 

it may be visible to the profile who uses it but not to the admin( assuming you are)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

Were you able to know the reason for these unshown fields? I'm having the same issue here although it's been more than a year since you posted here. I appreciate your input.

Thanks!

pablobarra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi

Are you searching by "API name" or "Field name"??

In Salesforce "opportunity product custom fields & relationships" you can see both.

You should be able to see the API name in Power BI.

Finally, the field level security for the field is important, if it is not visible for your profile, then Power BI will not be able to detect it.

Regards

Pablo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @pablobarra

I always look for API names. But this time I searched for both. I don't think its a salesforce issue as I am able to see the field in Salesforce and Power BI is still unable to detect it.Capture.PNG

Hi @Anonymous

The link between Opportunity product and Products is:

Opportunity product ===> pricebookentry ===> product

In opportunity product you have the "pricebookentryid" that is the ID for a specific record in pricebookentry.

An option is to create a (Salesforce) formula or lookup field in opportunity product to get the values you need.

Regards

Pablo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @pablobarra 

Yup, that was my workaround but lost some data there.  I am making some financial dashboards that need to be accurate.

sanimesa
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Quick comment: the objects imported into power BI from salesforce do not always match the abstractions that we see within Salesforce reporting. At least that's what I experienced based on my limited exposure. You could try exploring similar objects and see if they are joined together to provide the fields you need. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to join Opportunity products and Products with the help of a couple other tables but lost some data in the process.

Hi @Anonymous,

Which connector did you use? Please try the other one.

Can_t_see_Salesforce_Account_Object

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft 

I imported using Objects.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.