Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pdowninghpn
Frequent Visitor

Can't see Salesforce Account Object

When I get data from Salesforce, I don't see the Account object? I'm a sysadmin in the Salesforce instance so I would think this isn't a permissions issue.

PowerBI Salesforce Account.jpg

Any ideas on how to ensure I see all the objects (Case, Opportunity, etc all show in the list)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pablobarra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @pdowninghpn

In Salesforce go to setup and search "Rename Tabs and Labels", if "Account" object was renamed, you will  see the new "label".

In Power BI query editor you can search by this label.

Pablo

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also getting the same issue. It isn't a permission issue in Salesforce. I am unable to import "Open Orders" object and I am using the latest version of PowerBI.

See the solution for my issue. Was your Accounts object renamed?

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pdowninghpn,

In my test, I could load data of Account object in desktop preview window. You could update your Power BI desktop to the latest version for a test.

1.PNG

Could you see those data in Salesforce site? I think you should check whether you made some configurations on Salesforce side which might hide the Account object or prevent the Account object to be exported. For this problem, I would suggest you contact with Salesforce support team for advice.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pablobarra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @pdowninghpn

In Salesforce go to setup and search "Rename Tabs and Labels", if "Account" object was renamed, you will  see the new "label".

In Power BI query editor you can search by this label.

Pablo

Thank you @pablobarra 

This resolved my issue. Accounts had be re-labeled.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.