Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lenastray
Helper I
Helper I

Can´t refresh data (refresh button on ribbon top). Can only update by refreshing individual tables.

Hello. I'm using a data model connected to diferent tables in a sql server, along with tables that retrives data from a connection to diferent excel files and folders. There has to be around 8 diferents connections that updates simultaneously. When the refresh button is pressed (ribbon top), the update process finish in about 45 seconds without any errors, but no data is refreshed. Instead, if a table is right clicked and the data refresh menu is pressed, the data is refreshed and visible. What could be the issue? Very grateful for any guidance.

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lenastray ,

I have tested with the latest version of Power BI Desktop: 2.102.845.0 64-bit (February 2022) and it works well when connecting to SQL database and Excel file.

Could you share me some details for troubleshooting? Such as:

1. What's your version?

2. When did this issue start to appear?

3. Is this the only report with this issue?

4. Will the same issue occur when you refresh this report on other devices?

Best Regards,

Icey

Lenastray
Helper I
Helper I

up

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.