Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

billjn
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can't publish after November 2017 update

I've updated my Power BI Desktop to the November update (v 2.52.4921.461 64 bit).  I can work on my existing PBIX files with no problem, and I can sign into my Office 365 account (and I do have a Power BI Pro license).  However, after signing in with my account, clicking on the Publish button does nothing.  No error messages, no attempts to publish - nothing.  Desktop doesn't freeze - I can continue working on my dashboard, save it,.....I just can't publish.  This happens on every PBIX file that I try, so I'm pretty sure it isn't something specific to my PBIX files.

I tried opening the same PBIX file on another PC where I had NOT installed the November udpate - no problems publishing.  I applied the November update to that same PC, and it exhibits the same behavior as the first one.  Sign in, click the Publish button, nothing happens.

Anyone else running into a similar problem?

Thanks! 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi All,

The ETA of the fix is 3rd Dec. The workaround is using the October version of Desktop for now. If you didn't keep the old version, you can download it from my Onedrive. Please scan the virus first just for safety.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

I reinstalled the November update this morning and it appears that I can publish again.  The version number is 2.52.4921.682 (November 2017).

pcofre
MVP

Yes, it´s working again with version 2.52.4921.682 

9 REPLIES 9
pcofre
MVP

Yes, it´s working again with version 2.52.4921.682 

Thank you all for the feedback.

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
aabati
Frequent Visitor

Same problem for me, please let us know when the fix will be available.

Thanks

A

Hi All,

The ETA of the fix is 3rd Dec. The workaround is using the October version of Desktop for now. If you didn't keep the old version, you can download it from my Onedrive. Please scan the virus first just for safety.

Best Regards,

Dale

I reinstalled the November update this morning and it appears that I can publish again.  The version number is 2.52.4921.682 (November 2017).

caseycook
Helper I
Helper I

Same, here.  Tried uninstall/reinstall.  Tried installing from Microsoft store and from powerbi.com  I have a team of 12 that is affected.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi All,

This issue has been submitted to the Product Team. Please wait for the fix.

Best Regards!

Dale

Hi dear,

Is there any updates for this issue?

with regards,

Shah Mohammed Taquiuddin.

troyel
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yes - exactly the same problem 

Version: 2.52.4921.581 64-bit (november 2017)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.