Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

moritzjoesch

Can't log into PowerBi Service and can't use Maps if connected to Company Network

If I am connecting my Computer to our Company Network

- the MAP-Features of Power BI Desktop is not wirking (No Map is Shown)

and

- the Publishing / Connection to Power BI Service is not workin

When I am using the Internet Explorer or Chrome to connect to the internet I am aked to enter my Proxy information. After that I can connect to every website also Power BI Service. But I can't enter my Proxy Username and Account in Power BI. I think thats why its not able to get out of the companys network and connect to the internet.

If I am not connected to my company network and using my network at home for example

- Map-Features Work

- Publishing / Connectin to Power BI Service within Power BI Desktop is working.

- but I can't access my files on my company drive.

Can somebody help me and knows how to fix that issue?

B.R.

Moritz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @moritzjoesch,

>>After that I can connect to every website also Power BI Service. But I can't enter my Proxy Username and Account in Power BI.

It seems like your company network is intranet which not support direct access to internet.  

>> I think thats why its not able to get out of the companys network and connect to the internet.

For your scenario, I think you can try to use vpn to confirm the network access state.(you should ask for IT to confirm the network policy first)

>>but I can't access my files on my company drive.

I'd like to suggest you to use proxy gateway to access your files.

Reference:

Configuring proxy settings for the On-premises Data Gateway

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @moritzjoesch,

>>After that I can connect to every website also Power BI Service. But I can't enter my Proxy Username and Account in Power BI.

It seems like your company network is intranet which not support direct access to internet.  

>> I think thats why its not able to get out of the companys network and connect to the internet.

For your scenario, I think you can try to use vpn to confirm the network access state.(you should ask for IT to confirm the network policy first)

>>but I can't access my files on my company drive.

I'd like to suggest you to use proxy gateway to access your files.

Reference:

Configuring proxy settings for the On-premises Data Gateway

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
moritzjoesch

If I am connecting my Computer to our Company Network

- the MAP-Features of Power BI Desktop is not wirking (No Map is Shown)

and

- the Publishing / Connection to Power BI Service is not workin

When I am using the Internet Explorer or Chrome to connect to the internet I am aked to enter my Proxy information. After that I can connect to every website also Power BI Service. But I can't enter my Proxy Username and Account in Power BI. I think thats why its not able to get out of the companys network and connect to the internet.

If I am not connected to my company network and using my network at home for example

- Map-Features Work

- Publishing / Connectin to Power BI Service within Power BI Desktop is working.

- but I can't access my files on my company drive.

Can somebody help me and knows how to fix that issue?

B.R.

Moritz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.