Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DavidThielen

Can't log in

Hi;

I got an invite to our PowerBI site and went to register/login. I used my Office365 account (sames as my MSDN account). It took it fine, but then failed with:

Image2.png

I've had this problem with Azure too, where it has a different login system for work/school accounts vs MSDN accounts. And if it goes to the work/school login, it fails.

How can I log in?

thanks - dave

2 REPLIES 2

@DavidThielen I think most are hesitant to answer as your question most likely deals with Azure AD more so than Power BI. Take a look at this blog and video by Adam Saxton, it might help clarify what your issue is. It sounds like you have an account set up in a different domain, and the invite you recieved was from your company domain. 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer - I've been through this problem before. As best as I understand it there are two distinct login systems, one that asks you for your work/school login and one that asks you for your MSDN login. At my company we are set up using MSDN logins as we're a Microsoft Gold ISV partner.

Oftentimes it prompts you asking first which of the two systems we want to log in through. But sometimes it assumes the work/school system and then we can't log in.

Any idea how to get it to use the MSDN login?

thanks - dave

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors