Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IMett
Helper III
Helper III

Can't load custom visuals from marketplace

Hi all,

I have the same issue as posted in this thread:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-Desktop-Unable-to-Import-any-Custom-Visual-from-st...

However the solution provided there (import from file instead of marketplace) seems rather like a workaround for me.  We have some dozens of people working with Power BI Desktop in the organization, so I don't want everyone of them to download their custum visuals manually.

I suppose the problem is located somewhere in the proxy / configuration settings on the client side, which forbids me to download objects from the marketplace. Does anyone have a hint what might be the reason?

Thanks a lot, Ilja

1 REPLY 1
AnthonyTilley
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

There are a lot of reasons for this to happen.

My company actual keeps a store of custom visuals located on a shared server for all users to access this way if there are any issues with the market place we still have access and if a visual is removed from the market place we can still use them.

however if you do need to always download from the market place then i would first make sure your using the latest version of power bi. 

if you are using the latest version then i would log a support ticket

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.