Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lynn

Can't install the app: MSIDA4B.TMP, MSI960D.TMP, MSI21DA.TMP have stopped working

Hi! I am new to this app and I was able to install it a few months ago. One day I found I couldn't open it, so I unistalled and reinstalled it. Three error messages popped up: MSIDA4B.TMP, MSI960D.TMP, MSI21DA.TMP have stopped working.. I tried both 32bit and 64bit and didnt work... PLEASE HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lynn,

It sounds like the issue which caused by temp files, can you ensure you have clean up the old version files before install?

In addition, if these files are occupied, you can try to uninstall and reboot the system before install the new files.

BTW, you can also refer to below link to find out the detail log informations and report them with your issue to power bi team.

Collecting User-Mode Dumps

How to View the System Log in Event Viewer

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I unistalled the app and restarted the system. I re-downloaded the app from the website, and still didn't work.

"MSIFA7B.TMP has stopped working"... and this is the details under the message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: rundll32.exe
Problem Signature 02: 6.3.9600.17415
Problem Signature 03: 54504eb8
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.36366
Problem Signature 06: 57a0f7f9
Problem Signature 07: 4528
Problem Signature 08: 13c
Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 60e4
Additional Information 2: 60e4968e3c68ecce2f8f534b423b4ddf
Additional Information 3: 6d2d
Additional Information 4: 6d2d93732cf957494c3b5d201a949c16

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

HI @lynn,

>>Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess

It seems like some access operations have been blocked, can you ensure there are any specific setting on your device or?
You can also try to use administrator right to install.

BTW, if above also not help, perhaps you can try to submit a support ticket to power bi team for further support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much for your reply.. I did uninstall the app from Control pannel and restarted my laptop, and it didn't work. Even when I was in the process of uninsall the app, a few error messages popped up, and indicated a few temp files have stopped working. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.