Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dyrefors

Can't input calculated column formulas

Hello!

After a recent update of Power BI desktop I can't input any formulas. It looks like the application tries to change the commas (,) into points (.) in the argument list.

power bi problem.PNG

I guess this might have something to do with the locale settings on my computer but I don't understand why.

Please help, thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dyrefors,

Based on my test, it could work on my side, dose any problem with your format?

Could you please copy my below formula to have a test:

Column = DATE(2018, 1, 1)

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
petrovnikitamai
Resolver V
Resolver V

i'm not sure but try to use semicolon delimiter

It is caused by the Config of Region in you windows. If The decimal number is set to use coma you cannot use it to in you dax formula, you need to use semicolon.

Thanks for the reply but I get the same kind of problem with semi colon as well.

Capture.PNG

When you type "DATE(" they show you a grey popuplike in the image bellow, with the correct syntaxe. Show us this popup

Screenshot_5.png

Unfortiunatly the gray help popup says to use commas han the List separator setting was already set to a comma. I tried changing it to semi colon instead and that seems to work, so I guess I'll use semi colon for a wile.

Thanks for the help everybody!

Try another time to restart your computer and change again to comma. 

In Regional Settings, look if decimal separator is setting to point...if both, Decimal and List are comma you may have problems. 

I think that for some reason, your computer List Separator was changed.

To fix it... Go to Control Panel>Region>Click Additional Settings> and Change List Separator to comma., apply and ok...Close your pbi file and open again and it will be fixed.

If this solve your problem mark as solution, and send me a feedback with your Like in this post.

I see that column name starts with 1 which is not allowed
Try removing that 1

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.