Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Maja
Regular Visitor

Can't import dataa from Azure Analysis

Hi, 

I would glad if someone could help me with import data from Azure Analysis (connect with import option).

I can connect with option "connec live" but when I try import data, with the same connection string, I got error "Details: "The server parameter must be a valid host name or HTTP URL."" Capture.PNG

Thank ou wery much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, here is what you need to do:

1. Open new powerbi report 

2. IN drop down menu, click Options and Settings and then  Data Source settings.

datasource2.PNG

3. Then select global permissions, and select azure from data source and click clear permission

datasource1.PNG

After step 3, try to create new connection to azure and follow the step I provided in my earlier post.

Thanks,

P

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
sayaliredij
Super User
Super User

HI

Could you figure out how to refresh the data when importing from azure analysis services

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

pawel_sz
Frequent Visitor

The solution works BUT there's no way to refresh the data from the portal - any idea how to work around this?

Capture.PNG

Thanks

did you get any idea how to enable refresh for SSAS AZure?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

Hey,

This is what you need to do to make it work:

Tabular1.PNG

Step 2 - select basic, and enter your Azure AD authentication, typically full email address and password:

Tabular2.PNG

After connect, you will see database and it should work from there.

THanks,

P

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Thank you very much for your reply!

I do first step exacly same as you do, and than I got the massage "Server parameter must be a valid host name or HTTP URL."

URL that I enter is valid bacause I can conect in it with live connection.

another suggestion? Did I miss something?

I think you already have data source created in powerbi, you need to delete/clear existing data source and then follow the steps I mentioned. Let me know if you need help on how to delete/clear data source or I will send the screen shot later today (like in 2 hour or so)

Thanks,

Parv

Ok, here is what you need to do:

1. Open new powerbi report 

2. IN drop down menu, click Options and Settings and then  Data Source settings.

datasource2.PNG

3. Then select global permissions, and select azure from data source and click clear permission

datasource1.PNG

After step 3, try to create new connection to azure and follow the step I provided in my earlier post.

Thanks,

P

Hey @Maja

Wondering if you were are able to connect succesfully, keep me posted. Interested to see if your issue is resolved or there is somethign else?

Thanks,

Parv

Hi @Parv,

thank you very much!

This is the solution. Works great in my case!

Thanx!
Maja

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.