Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Henry1943
Frequent Visitor

Can't import data from ODBC use query

I want to import the data in ODBC which was successful used in excel,

Capture.PNG

and click OK the results come out like 

but when I fill everything done as belowCapture 2.PNG

not all variables bound

I tried many times but still can't work, while the excel could works wellCapture 3.PNG

Really appreciate your help!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Henry1943,

Based on my research, this error appears as if not all of the parameters in your SELECT are bound to columns, or perhaps one of the binds is failing. Please troubleshoot this to ensure that each of the parameters is correctly mapped to source columns, and if they are, to determine which column(s) are failing.

Besides, please test whether the ODBC connector works fine in Power BI desktop via a simple query without any variable.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana,

Thank you for your great help, I could connected with the ODBC, and all the tables I could load it when I use the most sample query like "select * from table name" so the problem is I have five or more tables need and I need to compare the colums to do the calculate like the SQL query as below:

"SELECT (SELECT x.vendor_name

FROM ap.ap_suppliers x,

po.po_headers_all pha

WHERE p.po_header_id = pha.po_header_id

AND pha.vendor_id = x.vendor_id) ‘Supplier’,

p.segment1 ‘PO Number’,

``````"

In this query I comepare the same column name in different table and I add "p" or "pha" in the front, for excel, these sentence works, but in Power BI ,I was told that 

DataSource.Error: Oracle: ORA-00904: "P"."PO_HEADER_ID": invalid identifier

So, could you kindly help me with this? how could I compare the same name column in different table by SQL code ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.