cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevemenke Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Can't get x-axis date to include no data without including all dates in year due to heirarchy

I have a data series that has gaps for some months. I would like the x-axis to include a specific date range that includes some gaps. However, when I choose a the show items with no data on the date heirarchy it includes all dates within any the entire year. For example, I have a date filter from July 1 2016 to July 1 2017. It will include all of 2016 but I only want it to include the specified date range. I have attached an example picture.

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 8.46.17 AM.png

Are there any work arounds? I have tried converting the dates to strings, but then the gaps don't show up because it does not know it is continous.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Can't get x-axis date to include no data without including all dates in year due to heirarchy

Hi @stevemenke,

You can create a calendar table, with Date, Year, Month columns. Then create a chart, drag Year and Month columns from Calendar table to the X axis. Put calendar table Date column in a slicer visual. See: 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
5 REPLIES 5
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Can't get x-axis date to include no data without including all dates in year due to heirarchy

Hi @stevemenke,

You can create a calendar table, with Date, Year, Month columns. Then create a chart, drag Year and Month columns from Calendar table to the X axis. Put calendar table Date column in a slicer visual. See: 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

That worked. I originally tried the same thing but I was using the String month which would not sort properly.

Thanks!

Highlighted
zgoldenfeld Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Is there a way to do this with the string names of the months? Like "Jan", "Feb" ?

zgoldenfeld Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Frequent Visitor

You link did not work. Can you please try again?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 410 members 3,994 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: