Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JSchmetterer
Frequent Visitor

Can't get entire map to load

Hello,

I am trying to make a map that will tell me the agency for every county in the USA. It works really well when I have it filter to a specific state. For example, in my first screenshot I filtered just to New Mexico. I can now put my cursor over the purple area and it will tell me who the agency is. But when I take all filters away, the whole map wont load. It just stops after loading a few states. Does anybody know how to make it so I can get the whole map to load?

Thank you

NM screenshot.pngUnited States screenshot.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@JSchmetterer

In Filled Map, if you put child level filed on Legend, it will not show detail child level colors when selecting multiple parent level members. 

Capture.PNG

In your scenario, you should create a hierarchy and drill down to Agency level. 

23.PNG

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft

I greatly appreciate your help, however I am still struggling. I am not sure exactly how the hierarchy would work. I tried a bunch of different hierarchy combinations, but with all of them I see a message that says "Too many values. Not showing all data. Click to see details"

Does this mean I simply have too much data for Power BI to handle? Is there any way to combat this with a specific type of hierarchy?

biquestion.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.