Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wpf_
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Can't get a related column

I have table A and table B.  They are related via the fields tableA(dayOff) and tableB(value).   dayOff is a calculated column and value column is built from a calculated table B.  

I tried several approaches to try to get 'value':

1)calculated column in table A:    RELATED(table B[value])

I get error: the column table[value] either doesnt exist or doesnt have a relationship to any  table available in the current context. Table A is the many side and table B is the one side.  I can clearly see and select table[value] in the RELATED function. 

2)in a measure

FILTER(
ADDCOLUMNS(
SUMMARIZE(
tableA,
"column1",
"column2"
),
"dayOffValue", minx(tableB, related(tableB[value]))
),
filter statements
)

With this approach, when typing related, the columns do not pop up.  

------------------
What am i doing wrong, how can i get value over from table B into table A?  The relationships are active and its a many to one.  Many on the table A side.  Thanks 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@richbenmintz 

So from reading through forums, the issue is with mix table types and there seems to be a bug using relate when having directquery and other types of tables.  Thanks. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PVO2
Frequent Visitor

minx(tableB, related(tableB[value])

With above syntax youre already iterating the table. So the related function is not needed. If multiple values are returned you might need an arregation.

Hi @wpf_ ,

Can you please provide some sample data?

I hope this helps,
Richard

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos Appreciated!

Proud to be a Super User!

@richbenmintz 

So from reading through forums, the issue is with mix table types and there seems to be a bug using relate when having directquery and other types of tables.  Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.