Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dannyschool
Regular Visitor

Can't find search bar which release in Feb. 2021

Hi folks,

Do you know why I can't find the search bar on my Power BI desktop, which released in Feb. 2021?

I can see other new features, but not the search bar on the top. 

Thanks for your advice in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @dannyschool 

What’s the language selection when you downloaded the Power BI desktop from the website?

v-robertq-msft_0-1614324088607.png

Because when I checked the blog of “Power BI February 2021 Feature Summary”, I found a sentence in the description of the newly added search function:

v-robertq-msft_1-1614324088609.png

In my opinion, it means that if you downloaded the desktop with other language version, then there will be no search bar for now.

This is the link of the new feature blog, you can take a look:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-february-2021-feature-summary/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

You can go to Regional Settings in Options and change the  Application Language to English (United States) and the Search Bar will appear. See the screenshot below. Thanks for the advice.

SteveD2_0-1614467688500.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @dannyschool 

What’s the language selection when you downloaded the Power BI desktop from the website?

v-robertq-msft_0-1614324088607.png

Because when I checked the blog of “Power BI February 2021 Feature Summary”, I found a sentence in the description of the newly added search function:

v-robertq-msft_1-1614324088609.png

In my opinion, it means that if you downloaded the desktop with other language version, then there will be no search bar for now.

This is the link of the new feature blog, you can take a look:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-february-2021-feature-summary/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Should have been a preview feature then if not applicable to all languages... 

You can go to Regional Settings in Options and change the  Application Language to English (United States) and the Search Bar will appear. See the screenshot below. Thanks for the advice.

SteveD2_0-1614467688500.png

@dannyschool , Please check this solution provided by @SteveD2 and mark it as solution if it resolved your issue !!!
Saw some more queries with same context, will be helpful for those users as well.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

SteveD2
Resolver I
Resolver I

I too have this issue. All other February features are present apart from the search bar. The power BI Desktop version I have is updated through the store.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @dannyschool ,

Have you upgraded to the latest version(February Update) of Power BI?

Here's the link to download if you haven't: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

The "Search Bar" should be automatically visible once you upgrade and restart Power BI desktop.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dannyschool , You installed power bi from Windows Store or by download? 

Can confirm the version from File-> about.

Also make close all open power bi file and start again and check.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors