Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nk19330
Advocate II
Advocate II

Can't find 'Top N' filter in the new version

Not sure if it is just me, or the good old 'Top N' filter has been removed in the Aug 2019 update of Power BI desktop.

I have a measure being used in a table that would just not let the table load..... the spinning dots just keep going on and on... and eventually give an error (too many records).

I am trying to limit the the visual to show only top 100 (as I have done before with other reports), but can no longer find that option in Visual Level filters.

Would really appreciate any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

It is there in filter pane, only for a visual under "Filter on Visual".

Click on Visual, Open filter pane, click on filter type

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tcoffey82

I am still having trouble finding top N with the new version (see screenshot).  Can someone please help?

Tcoffey82_0-1620008665000.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

It is there in filter pane, only for a visual under "Filter on Visual".

Click on Visual, Open filter pane, click on filter type

I am having the same issue.  I followed your instruction but still cannot find it.  I was there previous to the filter pane. 

RAV
Frequent Visitor

I got it now...  I was using a measure vs. a dimension in the filter pane and for that reason I was not seeing the advanced option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.