Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pedrojimenez314

Can’t display this visual. The R process ended unexpectedly.

I`ve developed some visuals using R libraries like ggplot2.

First time I opened the visuals I always obtain an error which says "Can’t display this visual. The R process ended unexpectedly. Please try again". 

When I refresh the graphic, I always obtain the right answer with the right graphic. 

The question is that I have always clicked twice to get the right graphic, because first time always gives me the error.

Please. Can anyone help me?. I have verified that all the R libraries are correctly installed.

Thanks you.

9 REPLIES 9
smadati
Employee
Employee

I get simlar error when trying to create a visual using python in power bi. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have similar issues when I make python visuals

Anonymous
Not applicable

BI Error.png 

Hi,

I have the same problem at the moment.

Is there any solution to this problem?

I am using R version 3.4.2 (not sure if this is the problem).

I got this error before any packages where installed.

I have unistalled R and power BI and then reinstalled the error remains the same.

I have also tried other plot still the same.

Please help.

Stephan

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pedrojimenez314,

Actually, I can not reproduce your scenario. You create R visual follow this article, right? If it is, what's mean of "First time I opened the visuals"? You opened the .pbix file and you get the error? How did you refresh it? And Do you try create other visual and still have the issue?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Yes, I generate the R graphics as it is said.

The situation is this.

1.- The first I open the R graphic I always obtain the error that says in my previous note.

2.- When I refresh the graphic I always obtain the right results.

It is a very strange situation.

The first message I obtain is: 

"Failed to retrieve error code string from System ->317

Make sure R is properly installed on your machine."

But R is installed OK in my machine.

If I refresh, and I get the right chart, and when I try to generate a new graphic with other filter the new message says:

"Can’t display this visual. The R process ended unexpectedly. Please try again."

I can not find any situation like this in all the community. Please Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Hi @pedrojimenez314,

At first, when you create a empty R visual as the screenshot shown, you get the error message: "Failed to retrieve error code string from System ->317? 

1.PNG

After install R in your local machine, please confirm to configure it well in Power BI desktop followed by the steps here

Or you create R visual before, now you just open the .pbix file, it returns the error message? Becasue you said you get the right chart after refresh, you need to type the R script to create a R chart, could you please share a screenshot here? I can not reproduce your scenario.

Best Regards,
Angelia

first situationfirst situationsecond sitiuation after refreshsecond sitiuation after refresh

Hi @pedrojimenez314,

Have you resolved your issue? Please clear all your cache(file->option and settings->Options) of Power Bi, and check if the issue disappears.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

I have tested it, but no solution.

I do not know if I have some special wrong installed in my machine.

Thanks.

Pedro.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors