Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

system243trd
Helper I
Helper I

Can't determine relationships between the fields

I have a three tables in a Power BI report.  They are all linked via the same concatenated ID field but the relationship type consits of a one to many from C to A and C to CA.  I have tried to add three fields to a report e.g. c.Work Batch, a.Item and CA.customer.  I receive the following error message when I try to create the report 'Can't determine relationships between the fields'.  Please can anyone advise.

image1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@system243trd ,

Which column has been added to which table, could you clarify more details about your operation? In addtion, I guess the issue you occurred should be related to the blog below, you may also refer to the blog for solution.

https://prologika.com/determining-power-bi-relationships/

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@system243trd ,

Which column has been added to which table, could you clarify more details about your operation? In addtion, I guess the issue you occurred should be related to the blog below, you may also refer to the blog for solution.

https://prologika.com/determining-power-bi-relationships/

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBIX please!
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.