Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tomasp
Regular Visitor

Can´t detect relationship even when the relationship IS CREATED in the model

I have this weird problem with connected tables. Through the table Stavy as seen in the screenshot I should be able to connect both tables Polozky_MD and Polozky_DAL to the Junction table. However, only Polozky_MD works. Using Polozky_DAL, I can get data from Stavy, but not from Junction table - error message says pBI can't detect relationship between two or more fields. 

Does anyone has any ideas, what shall I try? Even after disconnecting the table Polozky_MD completely this does not work.

Thanks Tomas

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tomasp,

If you modify the cross filter mode to both, does these tables work? If you try to delete the current relationship and re-create them, does these work?

If above are not help, can you share us a sample file to test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

thanks for advices, unfortunately none had worked. I already dropped and recreated the connection, then modified the cross filter, nothing happend. Then i simplyfied the model by merging tables Polozky_MD and Polozky_DAL into one. 

But even more surpising error occured: Now I have a working table in my report and when I try to create exactly the same table, "relationship problem" occurs again! IDK maybe the table must be created by adding columns in some specific order? Shamefully I dont remebmer the order in which I added columns into the table, that is woking. I will gladly send a demo file if you tell me an e-mail address. Thanks T.

Hi @tomasp,

You can upload the sample file to 1dr, then share us the link.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.