Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't create active relationship because of already existing one

Hello,

I have 3 tables: SESSION, LIFT_ANALYSIS that is calculated from SESSION and CALENDAR

I have two filters: DATE & B2B_B2C_SESSION so my user can see B2C sessions from web of particular date.

The problem is I have already linked SESSION and LIFT with B2B_B2C_SESSION but can't do the same with DATE with CALENDAR table ...

Thanks you by advance for your help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I found a solution just now, i don't know if it's the BEST but I think it works on long term.

Basically my second table is a summarize + union of the first table and i have those two fields : B2B_B2C_SESSION and DATE so i concatenated those two variables into one field B2B_B2C_SESSION_DATE and used it as a key field when summarize for the table and so used the variable for the relationship.

Then, when I use the slicer on the first table either for B2B_B2C_SESSION or DATE, it works perfectly 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Hey!

If I understand your problem correctly you have:

1. A relationship between the CALENDAR & UK_SESSION_DM tables

2. A relationship between the UK_SESSION_DM & SESSION_FREQ_TABLE

3. A need to create an active relationship between the CALENDAR & SESSION_FREQ_TABLE

If the above is correct, you cannot create an active relationship in step 3 because there is already a relationship between CALENDAR & UK_SESSION_DM & the relationship specified in step 2.

You can create an inactive relationship and leverage that relationship via DAX. Click the link below for a good blog post concerning the problem & possible solutions:

http://radacad.com/userelationship-or-role-playing-dimension-dealing-with-inactive-relationships-in-power-bi

When faced with this problem, I use USERELATIONSHIP. There are other good blog posts concerning USERELATIONSHIP--just search Google.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the issue.

I found results on Google but on Measure, not Column.

The problem is that i have a calculated column in the SESSION_FREQ_TABME and depending on date chosent from CALENDAR, the chart that I use get value based on those date (and the B2B_B2C_SESSION filter before that works good).

And this particular issue, i didn't find anything on it.

But still digging 😄

Thanks by advance !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I found a solution just now, i don't know if it's the BEST but I think it works on long term.

Basically my second table is a summarize + union of the first table and i have those two fields : B2B_B2C_SESSION and DATE so i concatenated those two variables into one field B2B_B2C_SESSION_DATE and used it as a key field when summarize for the table and so used the variable for the relationship.

Then, when I use the slicer on the first table either for B2B_B2C_SESSION or DATE, it works perfectly 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.